Monday, September 7, 2009

The Eve of Great Things to come..

I was trying to think of what to Title my post, " The Eve of Great things to come" Just sounds the Very best to me given the nature of what is happening tomorrow. Most of you know that we made the move from Washington State, back to Oregon, with this, a whole new transition for our little Kaid. More so for him, as he is a creature of Habit. From moving, getting settled, I began the process of being kaid's voice, making sure Portland Public Schools knew me, and the process of " Transfer" paper work. Kaid was excepted in a Great School, not very close ( as in walking ) I will be driving him to and from just until the bus is up and going for him. His school is 100% all Uniform! Little kaid has to wear Khaki pants, and either a Black, white, or Red polo shirt, or a shirt with a collar, dress school shoes, and Tenny's for playing. We are excited for this new start for him, knowing just how he loves to learn from others. The only Bummer.. Kaid picked out his Backpack this year.. and I had his name embroidered on it.. ( Courtsey of Lands end) When talking to his teacher, she said as of now, no backpacks, the school will provide one for him . Being the Last relaxed non schdduled day, we loaded the boys up in the car and drove to Omsi for a fun filled day of Craziness,So many screaming little kids, mine as well as many many others. BTW, kent and I checked out the Prenatal exhibit. Pretty Awesome, never saw the stages of life so personal, and educatioal as well.
All day we have been preparing kaid for what's to happen tomorrow, every time we talk about school, he does the Sign for Excited, ( Making a fists, and rubbing his chest with both knuckles ) So happy for him!When we got home, he wanted to carry his backpack around the house. For those that have heard the rare talkative little guy, he's a chatter box! After the bath, and 2, then 3.4,5 books.. he kept saying " Baapkak" lol.." hmm?" then proceeded to jump down grab his "bapkack" and nestle next to it in bed. After prayers, and songs.. he tucked the bag to his covers, and closed his eyes.
Later, after emptying more boxes, I checked on him, and had to snap this pic.. I have more to come.. this is with my phone.. so sorry, it's not the best, it's light and grainy... you get the picture though. I wish I would have captured one when he was hugging it. Excited to Spend some Much NEEDED one on one time with my Buggy boy! Karson and I are going to have some Adventures!
You can see " Kaid " on the top. Tradition that Kaid picks out his bag, this year and probably for ever we shopped online. Best way!

4 love notes:

Nathan and Sarah said...

That is So cute. What a bummer that he cant take his backpack! Good luck wiht school Kaid!

Mark and Karen said...

What a great post...it gave me goose bumps! I had no idea what that excited sign meant. I have seen Kaid use it a couple of times. I'm excited for him as well. I hope he loves his new school.

Jennifer said...

That is a GREAT picture!!! So cute. I hope school is excellent for him!!

Kristen said...

Too bad he cant use that killer bapkack for school, oh well, you can save it for next year. I would love to see pics of him in his uni..