Friday, September 11, 2009

Enough is Enough!

Today was kaids LAST day at his elementary school. I feel So good about our decisions, I do have to say, I was really nervous that I was just jumping to conclusions, and just being a " phyco" mom. Well.. today, picking him up set it in stone, his pull-up soaked, and he did not have his own pants, on. I am OK with the fact that they put other pants on him, it's the fact that there was ZERO communication in his bag as to what happened. After calling.. and getting no answer I said.. this is NOT happening any more. I called the Director of S.E, talked with her Assistant, and demanded him be removed from this school, and to be placed in the school that I wanted him all along. I know this is possible, I also know that they, ( Meaning the School district, S.E ) is going to try to just " Warehouse" him. I love that term, thank you to my friend I talked with today, that helped me just with being able to vent.. I So know that this process I could not do with out the love and support from everyone. I wish that I could call everyone and tell you thank you for just being there. If you are reading this, I am talking about you.. anyone that takes time to read this. So next week is going to be fun! ( I am not laughing.. lol.. ) Zoo, Omsi, Children's medium.. I am going to tell him he's going to be going to a new school, I know he's going to be a little bummed, however by keeping him really busy... life will go smoothly in the Shannon home. Then comes FRIDAY! Oh Friday... I am counting down the days, hours, Minutes.. Am I excited?? Just a little..... Cant Wait!!!

4 love notes:

ds.mama said...

A mom knows in her heart the right thing to do. I am glad Kaid will be in a better school. I think you should follow up with a formal letter to the elementary school though and maybe even your states board of education. What they did (or didn't do) with Kaid concerning the bathroom stuff borders on child abuse. His aide sounds useless and neglectful. The school needs to know this.

I can't wait to hear about the new school!

The Woolner Family said...

You are stud (ette).

Jennifer said...

Good luck with the change. It sounds like it will be MUCH NEEDED!

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys have fun doing all your fun activities you have planned!! And Friday...Oh, how I can't wait either!!