Sunday, June 28, 2009

Up up Away..


As I sit here tonight, I am a little sad & EXCITED.
Karson just turned 8months yesterday, when at about 6mo he started to show us early off that walking was going to be happening pretty soon. Last Monday night after family home evening, we were getting ready to read books, when karson had plans of his own. It caught us off guard at first, karson is So determined, at first he picked himself up by holding the little car garage, and then crawled over to the ottoman, proceeded to walked around it, then one hand came off, then the other.. WAIT!! I am SOOO not ready for this.. ( Or, Maybe I am..) Thank goodness no first steps, Yet, however We both feel it's Very soon, Soon as This month soon. From what my parents told me, I walked at 9 months, and Kent Ran at 9 months, Karson's cousin walked at 9mo as well. Here it is. He's soon to be Up up and gone. I was thinking how this could work in my favor, as we are moving, packing, box's all over the place. I have another little helper, to really help get into more mischief :) We are hoping to be getting into the new place middle or end of July, to start with getting it ready for 3 boys, me and............. a dog. Still debating on what breed. We were at the Human Society, and lady told us that Pugs were really great with kids, ( For the Smaller breed dogs, ) We had the Huge White lab, ( Bought from puppy stage, ) Yeah.. not going to do that Again. We both looked at each other, and Said NO to pugs either, ( Nothing Wrong with them AT all) Just not for our family.. esp with kaid. We need a dog, that is sure to with held some major " Love tackling.." from kaid & karson. Well.. off to watch a movie with my hub's..












8 love notes:

Noell said...

It's right around the corner. Any day now... I know the feeling. I was feeling the same way with Bridger, but now I can't imagine him not walking, it helps me out so much to have him walk now.

Jennifer said...

Sounds like it's coming soon. My oldest was that way--he was doing that "cruising furniture" (holding onto furniture and walking along) at 6 1/2 months, so he was definitely interested and ready. Sounds like Karson is interested and ready, too! There's good and bad to it, of course, but fun to watch him learn and explore. :) Maybe he can wait until after you move??? (By the way, where are you moving?)

Mark and Karen said...

I had early walkers too. I love watching that "new to walking" stage with their arms out and their unsure footsteps...too cute.

I thought you weren't leaving us until August?! Let me know if you need anything. I would love to watch your boys so you can pack.

Maggie said...

Just an idea on the dog stuff.. if you are really interested in gettin one.. guide dogs for the blind adopt out their "career change" dogs who didnt make it all the way through training.. but have been through most of it. I think they are about 1-2 years old. I knew of someone who adopted one because it was scared of heights.. thats it! So, just an idea if you want to adopt a dog, and not have to go through the puppy stage, and already have some training taken care of. Check out the website if you are interested.
THat is exciting he is almost walking so soon!

Maggie said...

oh.. I remember your lab puppy.. what ever happened to him?

Cheryn said...

Oh my Karson is TOO CUTE! They grow up too fast (though I am coaching Peyton to walk anyday now...she's just LAZY.)

Kristen said...

I cant beleive hes surfing!! Where does the time go??? Your blog is my favorite out there, you should update more often!

smiliesar said...

Wow Andrea!! That's so fast.