Thursday, July 24, 2008

All Good!




Endoscopy Day.  We had to be at Emanuel Hospital this morning at 6am, For some reason my alarm clock did not go off until 6:05am. AHH!  Good thing that his procedure was not until 8am.  Getting to the hospital was like traveling back  in time in 2005, when kaid had his Tubes put in. As soon as we strolled up to the 3rd floor admitting, he started to get antsy.  Thinking to myself,  how much I hoped that things would go smoothly for him. Knowing that The blessing that Our Good Friend Steve J gave him the night before, Heavenly Father was looking after him, and we were in good hands.   8Am, the nurse came in our room, and gave him a little versed, and then wheeled him downstairs.  In the operating room, they asked kaid if he wanted to watch a movie! ( just until the dr. Came in)  As he perked up all happy, he picked jungle book... Helping me with the pain in my heart seeing, kaid's reaction to the medicine's effect on him, I tried to leave the room.  Kent came in, and held his hand, after the IV was in.  It's So hard watching your little one so helpless. Kaid gave us this look like,         " what am I doing in here"  I know that he would not remember anything,  it was so sad, as his little eye's rolled back, and softly closed, I began to cry.  Yup I was a baby.  This was a simple little procedure, and I am crying, well... kent did too.. HA!  20 min later, and we went to see him, these pictures are of him not wanting to wake up.. he was SO groggy, It took him 45min to wake up.  As soon as he did, Sponge bob was on quietly in the back ground of his room, he perked up and said " bob bob.." Aka , Sponge bob.  As we were being discharged from the little area, kaid was slowly getting back to his self, wanting to be babied, and carried :) This time.. I had my stroller, nope.. I did not carry him... lol.. Just wanted to update and let everyone know it went great. The biopsy comes back next week,  other than that.. the pictures we have of the inside's.. look all good..

6 love notes:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that everything went good. Don't feel weird about crying, I would have to, besides just reading your post made me teary eyed!!!!

Andrea said...

Thank you.. Kari. I hope you have a Great time at the beach i am jellous..

Kristen said...

Its fitting he woke up to spongebob, its only his most favorite show! I am glad to hear it went well!

Corey said...

I bet you are glad that is over! It must be so tough to have to watch him go through all of that. I would have been a BIG BABY too. It's amazing how much we love these little guys!

smiliesar said...

I'm glad things went well. I would be crying too!

Loridee said...

Glad to hear all is well. And don't worry you AREN'T the only ones that cry at that stuff!!