Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Baby's Fetal Echo Cardiogram


Yesterday, I went back to the Hospital for the Fetal Echo Cardiogram.   I was a little nervous before I went in, after saying  a little prayer a overwhelming feeling came over me encouraging me that everything was going to be OK.  The Doctors wanted to do this test  as a standard procedure, as Kaid's diagnosis  with the holes in his Left/Rt/ Ventricle.   As the Doctor was going over His little Heart, I started to cry.  She paused and said " Is everything OK?"  I told her this was close to home for me.  I proceeded to tell our story, and how we were sent to the hospital 4 times  for Echo's when I was Pregnant with kaid.  Had I known what I know now, that was a for sure sign that something was not right, However, no one told us anything different than completely normal, and standard.  This time around I am upfront with all the doctors, and want to know everything, asking TONS of questions , as we have been through this before.  Surprising,  this time around I am way more relaxed, calm, and collected. ( OK, for the most part :) )  I know that our little boy is going to be a great, healthy and wonderful little bundle of Joy!   OK, back to the office visit, So then another Dr. Came in to verify that the Ultra Sound tech, Dr. did the right thing, and got all the pictures.  As this Doctor was going over my stomach with the ultrasound wand, he said " Wow there, you do know what the sex of the baby is.. correct? "   I paused for a sec, and said, "Why did you say wow, I am already a little nervous here." ( Still can not believe I said that! ) I told him that I knew we were having a Boy.   He apologized, and showed me that in fact the reason was our little guy  was spread eagle, the DR.  had a good shot that indeed We were having a boy.  After laughing for a bit, the Dr. came and sat down next to me.  He explained to me that there was nothing that he saw that was alarming, or a red flag for any disorders. When he said that It kind of hit me in the stomach, this little baby is 100% healthy.  I am going to experience something So new, and different. OK, please if you are reading this do not think that I am rude, or mean.  I Love Kaid, No questions!  however our life has seen challenges for 5 years solid, it will be So nice to be new parents to another Boy who maybe has different challenges.  I am so blessed to be another mom soon, I can not think of my life with out Kaid, and Kent.  When I am down and out with our current situation, I think of our little boy that  I am carrying, and know that there is a WAY bigger picture.  He was sent here to us, for us.  For that We are Eternally Grateful.

6 love notes:

Kristen said...

cant wait to meet the little guy! I am glad that you are asking so many questions this time, It probley helps you to feel more in control too..just knowing what to expect and all. Cant wait till November!

Corey said...

Andrea, you have me in tears! I am so happy for you guys! How wonderful and comforting to know that your little babe is healthy so far. You are right though, each child is totally different and will bring along their own challenges. But our love for them grows more and more. It's amazing how big out hearts can get! Congratulations!

Andrea said...

Thank you Corey.. & Kris..

Josh and Leslie said...

Awww Andrea! You are too cute! I am so excited for your 100% healthy little boy! Indeed they all come with their challenges, but we love them all just the same! Glad all is going well...you are too cute for words!

Andrea said...

Leslie, I am having the hardest time on your site, to post a comment. Is there something that I need to be doing differently? I never remember my password on that site.. I want to comment on all your awesome pictures..

The Woolner Family said...

A brother is just what Kaid needs. Someone to tell everyone how important and special he is to him. My cousin Sam has a brother who is very special needs. As a teenager, Sam would take his brother everywhere with him: to movies and social events, wherever he went with his friends, his brother came too
(he is one of the reasons our son is named Sam). There is a special bond between brothers and I know Heavenly Father sent you another son because He is aware of just what your family needs. You need this boy.