Thursday, July 10, 2008

Another Hospital Visit :(


Kaid had his GI, appointment today.  I was excited, and also hoping for a miracle from the

doctor as of why he's not eating.. lol.   We met with the Dr. Very nice guy, went over
the whole Celiac Disease, and told me that blood work was accurate, that he tested positive,
however they need to take a biopsy of his small intestine which with that they preform an Upper Endoscopy. .  Ah... My heart sank a bit. Another hospital procedure..
Man this poor kid has been through the ringer with being poked, and prodded. 
I asked the doctor all sort's of questions about the procedure; how long, will he need to be
with an IV sedation, or completely out, will this hurt him, can you give him somthing so he's calm before the IV?  He was very informative, letting me know that this
is very standard with Down syndrome little one's, and children who test positive for Celiac. they would  give him an IV, so that he could breath on his own..  Ooh.... . I wanted to update about my day, His big day is in  2 weeks, At the Hospital.  Everything will go smoothly, Kaid just gets so freaked out. With Entering the hospitals.  I will update for sure closer to the day...

Sorry about the Picture, this is the one they gave us in the Dr's to explain the Procedure. lol..

2 love notes:

Corey said...

Kaid is such a trooper! Do you take him to a Children's Hospital? I took Hyrum to his 1 month follow-up appointment today for getting his cast off and we went to Children's Hospital. It's so great there and so much fun! They have a huge waiting room with tons of toys and activities for the kids and even the hallways and reception areas are beautiful. We were in the Whale building and everything was decorated with Whales and Fish. It was too cool! But I bet this would even get old after a while if you have to visit too frequently. As we pulled in Hyrum was really confused since he was sleeping before I even put him in the car and didn't wake up until we were almost there. When he saw we were going to the hospital again he asked "Why?" and then said, "I don't have a broken leg, it's all better." Too cute! At least it was a short visit and all is well with his recovery.

We wish Kaid luck with his procedure and will keep him in our prayers! I do wish we lived closer together because I'm sure these two would really have fun together!

Andrea said...

Thanks corey. Yes he goes to Dornbecher Childrens hospital, Part of OHSU. It's amazing. I love how it's So kid Friendly. It's very humbling going to see there are so many little kido's that are in way worse shape then Kaid, and need to stay there for a long time. Any time you take your kids to the Hospital, it's not a fun thing. I hope his little Leg is all better. That would be tramatic breaking it at such a young age as well. I am surprised all kaid's jumping, he's not broken anything. lol.