Friday, July 3, 2009

Newport Aquarium


The boys and I decided one morning, last week. { OK.. it was me..} to pack up and drive to the coast to the Aquarium. Still to this day I do not know why, why I did not wait for kent to come with me, why drive almost 3.5 hrs ONE way, with how many stops we had to take. We left at 11:30am and finially arrived at 2:40pm. When kaid saw where we were he was 100% in " Nemo " land.. Everything.. Nemo this, nemo that. Pretty cute.. but after some... 1000 times it was wearing pretty thin, however I just let him do his thing, as this was all three of our FIRST time to the Aquarium. So many fun fish life to see. I was raised in Seattle, well.. Bainbridge Island, so Ocean life is something that I have been around sense I was little. I remember going on several field trips when I was in grade school to the Seattle Aquarium, on the Waterfront, my ALL time favorite was the Touch Tank. You could touch see creatures, Sea Cucumbers, See Anemone's, all sorts of things. So as kaid and I and Karson walked from room, to room.. we saw a touch tank, however I was pretty bummed kaid wated Nothing to do with it at all. Newport aquarium I must say was Awesome! So many great things to see, and to read. We all loved the Giant Crab, though kaid though it was going to eat me , Karson wanted to get out of the stroller and walk just like kaid, Way cute to watch them. Towards the end of the day we went to the Deep See exhibit where the Bubble tunnel, was. Sharks! Manta Ray, Sting Ray.. WOW! I was a little freaked out with the Large sharks swimming right above our heads, and then we could see them on the bottom, as the floor was clear as well, So needless to say, even though I was Wonder mom for the day, I would definitely put that on my top 5 Fun things we did SO far this summer.




So Excited!






Wanted to walk just like Brother
Look mamma..
I thought I took the pic, but the sign said, " No Climing on Rocks" Defiant..
Tried to jump in.. Believe it or not
Right before he tried to jump in..
Oh.. my Favorite!


Thought this was funny, This fish is going to get it..


3 love notes:

MotherBeck said...

I'm so glad you posted about this.. we have been debating whether to go or not...looks like we will definitely be going!

Jennifer said...

The Newport Aquarium is one of my favorite places in Oregon!! Love it! I recognize all of the pictures. :) You are brave--I never took my kids anywhere by myself. The touch tank is one of my favorite places, too. What a fun time!

Kristen said...

I love that aquarium. I cant beleive you drove all that way with the boys, what an adventure!