Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kindergarten Day...

Sorry I have not posted anything new, I have been sad these days. I know I should be so happy, it's just kaid is growing up! I know I should be elated, and screaming wooo hoo.. but really all I want is for him to stay with me 24.7 ( when he's in a good mood. ) having a little one with specail needs, is well.. For me all I know, but very Challenging.  I try not to compare, only wanting kaid to succeed.  So his Big day arrived, we had been talking about it for weeks, New school, new house, when we were talking with him, he kept repeating, Buuss. buuss. Yes kaid, you will ride the bus. I was not too sure if I wanted him to ride ( Mom thing. ) but it's Great, Everyday the big bus is down our bottom step at 12:35pm, and drops him off at our door at 3:45pm. It's Awesome!Kaid was so excited to go to school today, he knew just what he wanted to wear, and ohh.. his backpack.. well.. I wanted to get him a new on, as his Curious, George one, was last year.  He would have nothing of it.. he wanted it. That's probably a good thing, his Aunt Kimmy bought him a Spider man Backpack that when he puts it on it practically goes down to his ankles! lol.  We read some scriptures and made sure his hair was just right. Then we went down stairs, and waited... and waited... and look kaid, i said... the bus!!!   Man he jumped up, shoved me his blanket, and bolted for the door. Ok, as soon as he was seat belted and signing, the sign for excited, I turned, and lost it.  I waved goodbye, and blew him kisses, man this sucks.. why was a crying like a baby I thought. 


Well... This is why.. So for 5 years, I have hi
m pretty much under my lock and key,( sort of speech) He's with me all the time, I know what people say, and do.. as I am there. This is a whole new ball game, I am not there with him, I can not tell if he's getting made fun of, or picked on at the playground for being different.  Then and experience /more like an over whelming  feeling came over me, " Kaid's going to be just fine"  You see, kaid does not know really that kids are mean, well.. unless they push him down, or kick him.. ouch!  He loves kids just the same. 

After School, we went to a park, and there were some little kids from his school, (as they had on the School T-shirts.) Kaid i guess recognized them, and immediately  went up to play, this went on for maybe 2-3 min, when the one boy looked at kaid and said.. " What's wrong with you, cant' you talk right"   Man!! I was so sad.. I new that kids are kids, but.. come on.. I kindly walked up to them, and explained that Kaid can talk, he just talks different 
then you and me. I probably should have said something better, but.. it's all I could get out.
Needless to say, These boys, were trying to avoid kaid at all costs, giving him looks' " Saying get away.."  Kaid, just loved them anyway.. it was like he wanted to be around them more, kaid would just watch them, and try so hard to do exactly what they did; jumping, monkey bars, you name it.  I am So grateful for Kaid, he's my little inspiration, I 
never thought I would be learing so much from him,  he's never bothered..That's a lesson that I sure need all the time, when things get me down, or I just can not do things,  I look at kaid, and think, what a tough little dude he Is.. 


Waiting for the Bus. 1st Day Of the Rest of his Life in School  lol

Scripture Reading..Before School
How Do I look mom?

Bus... Man this was a bittersweet day.. It least He was So happy to go to school!


Mrs. Ellen, the Bus driver, helping kaid in the Seat..

Waiting.. For the Bus.. Loves his Blankie.. Thx G-ma
Cheeze... It's So cute now.. I can get him to Pose! Kris! This is a HUGE STEP huh!


7 love notes:

MotherBeck said...

Oh Andrea, this made all teary.. in a good way. You are such a good mom. I probably would have wanted to slap those kids around that were being mean to Kaid. He is such a sweet kid! I think you said exactly the right thing. It's those kids moms that should be teaching them better. They are the ones losing out if they don't want to play with such an awesome boy as Kaid!

Dublinia said...

My little Bubba is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel so old!

Josh and Leslie said...

Man he sure is cute Andrea! I love his baby blues...

I can't believe you let him go to school! What a rough day for all of us parents when we have to let go of our little ones and let them grow up! I'm sure he'll do awesome!

I'm looking forward to seeing you soon and then again for your birthday dinner...hooray! We miss you guys...

Dre said...

Oh..... thanks guys.. I was really close to give the little kids a peace of mind.. LOL.. Miss everyone.

Anonymous said...

he's such a cute little guy!!! We miss you guys being around. How is school going for him?

Kristen said...

OH DArling! I get so sad just thinking of him going to school, only because he is growing up so fast! I love that he is smiling for you for pictures, I just love these, he is so cute. Dont miss him tooooo much..he'll be home before you know it :)

Corey said...

He's so grown up! I hope he's having fun at school and all is going well. It's so fun to kids so excited about going to school!