Friday, October 23, 2009

First Grader


Today I picked up kaid from school today early for our family photo shoot! What a surprise when I saw him, he was So excited, { as well his teacher} to show me what was in his bag. I did not want to disrupt the class, however kaid could not keep his happiness contained. As we gathered up all his art projects, and other things for the end of the week, out come's his School Photo! Oh, my!! I was Speechless!! NEVER, { I never say never } but... Very rarely.. does kaid like to smile, with lots of people, or when " family" is not around. When kaid was so happy to show me his first grade photo I got teary eyed, { I do that a lot } After talking with his teacher about how she got him to take such a great picture, she began to tell me it was not easy. Kaid is very sensory, he is not found of Loud kids, or lots of kids all getting there pictures, in line. He just would not have it. So Mrs. B said after the first attempt, and second, and third, he warmed up to the idea. Kaid was the only one in the gym, and this is the shot that he gave. I guess that's the ticket.. wait until Everyone has taken their pictures, and then go in. Then today, we went up to the Pittoch Mansion and had a photo shoot! I was So worried that we would have to cancel, as the rain was coming down. At 3pm, when we started, The rain was GONE! Kaid was Amazing, so was Karson.. and the end of the session, the Sun was out! What a Perfect day! I am SO excited to see a sneak Peak of the photos' Jenni Price took! Thanks Again.. What a Great Experience!




{ p.s He was So excited to show everyone his missing tooth, his teacher said, so glad I can see it in the pic }




9 love notes:

Dublinia said...

Unbelieveably cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristen said...

Look at the love in his eyes..and the peace...I puffy heart LOVE this photo of my little kaiders!!

Andrea said...

Thanks Kim :) He's Changing..
The pictures that we took, will probally be monday to get a sneak peak, it's Jennipricephotrography
You should see it, or she's on my Facebook as well..
Did you have a good U2 show?

Andrea said...

Kris.. We posted at the SAME time.. LOL

Tina said...

OH he is so cute!!

Here is the cape instructions!
They are nice an easy and so fun to make! For Halloween I made Erik and I one along with eye-bands and wrist bands... it will be fun!

http://pukingpastilles.com/?p=57

Andrea said...

Thanks Tina :)

Jennifer said...

That is an ADORABLE picture!!! I'm so glad his teacher took the time to help him do that! Awesome!

Noell said...

Way to go Kaid! What a great looking young man! I was teary eyed as I read this no wonder you were too! Love you guys!

Alisha said...

What a cute picture! I love that missing-tooth look for first grade.