Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Halloweeny Cookies

This year I finally let go! I have been really picky on the " mess" however last night for FHE, I just let the boys have fun. Kaid is getting to be quite my little helper in the kitchen. As we were rolling out the sugar dough, little kar was at our feet begging to see what we were doing. I just love love these times, playing with them, reading,getting dirty, { I am still getting use to the dirty part } I just LOVE these two Awesome Boys. It's a little funny to me because kaid is VERY terrified of Halloween, the whole " Skulls,Witches,Clowns " when we were cutting out the cookies, he would NOT have anything to do with the BAT or the Flying Witch.. I hope he's going to be OK on the 30Th, when people come over for a Halloween costume party.. He was So proud of his cookie painting, he wanted to have a picture with his cookies. Note: the colors of the cookies.. yeah, Not my choice, kaid wanted Blue,Pea green, and Yellow.. What can I say.... Got to let him be creative :)
















2 love notes:

Jennifer said...

Those are cute pictures! And I love the picture of Kaid with the big oven mitts, too! I'm just like you--have such a hard time with the mess, so it's hard for me to do stuff like this very often, but when I do, it's so fun!! :) My 5-yr-old hates Halloween, too. He FREAKS at the whole skeleton/ghost stuff. So much so that he decided he didn't want to go trick or treating this year!!! Imagine THAT!

Jennifer said...

Hey, I can't wait to see your fondant cake! :) I have now done 3 cakes with fondant, and I'm ALWAYS nervous beforehand. One thing that helps is fully expecting that it won't look perfect! ha Anyway, I learned a lot from this website, and this is the recipe I always use because it tastes better than regular (pre-made Wilton) fondant and is cheaper. http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm
(I don't know if it's going to put the link in the comment... you might have to copy and paste it.) Also, I just found this video of it (which I think is really helpful)--I wish I'd seen it before I tried to cover my last fondant cake because it was round and ended up looking like a doughnut instead of the One Ring from Lord of the Rings. ha Anyway, here's the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vecmy4nKT-A
Good luck! Fondant gives the cake such a cool look. Have fun! :)