Saturday, February 7, 2009

So out if Commision...



This last Wednesday when I picked  kaid off the bus, I was shocked to see how many kids were sick!  I was so annoyed, not at the sweet little kido's but the weird parents, that think its OK to send your kids to school with green boogies and wattery eyes.  So needless to say I was freaked out! Karson is only 3 mo and I did not want him to get anything, Or Sweet Kaid.  Well.. Thursday Am, Life Changed in the Shannon Home.  We woke up to sweet Karson's eye's Glued shut, and the goopy green coming out of his nose,&  with a fever. Kaid.. well... he was ok, he did not show anything.   He really wanted to go to school, but heck no.   I really needed to spend more cuddle time with baby kar as he did not want to be let down at all.  When Kaid was a baby I Never experienced this.. Karson is Really Sick.  Our Insurance does not kick on until the End of the month,  I was SO panicked!!  Then my Visiting Teacher Called, WOW, Heavenly Father Works in marvelous ways.  I knew She is a Doctor, but totally forgot... As I talked with her all about Karson's symptoms, she came right over, House Call!! I was So speechless, when she came in tow with a Smoothie. yummers.... and went right to check on him, I knew he was going to be OK.  I am So worried about RSV right now, and with his cough I was So scared, she wrote me a percription for him, and told me Tylenol  would be Great to give him.  I Think the last time I was this scared was when we found out kaid had 2 holes in his heart.  I  know if you are reading this going.. He's just sick Andrea.. come on... This Never Happened this early with Kaid.  The saddest thing is he is having a hard time Feeding.  poor dude.. I was so sweet last night when kent came home, he was in tow with a HUGE bag from Wall greens, Inside I swear he had a mini pharmacy, another Humidifier, two Vick's rubs, ( for kaid ) Tylenoel, ice patche's, little nosies.. you name it. I am lucky that Kent is a great dad!  We are still not out of the woods, Today is karson's first day of his medication.. I just hope that he will be able to sleep peaceful soon without crying, this is totally tearing out my heart....

3 love notes:

smiliesar said...

Andrea that is frightening for a mommy. You hate it when your kids are sick but sick babies is even worse. I'm glad your VT is a doctor. What a blessing! They do sell baby vicks that you could put on Karson's chest to help clear his nose too. We did that with Kaila and still do. I hope everyone gets better soon!

Alisha said...

That is scary--I hope he gets better soon! (And Kaid, too.)

Thank goodness for visiting teachers!!

Corey said...

Poor little guy! It's always so hard to see your little kiddos sick. Especially since they don't know what is going on. We hope he's feeling better soon and that the rest of the family doesn't get it too. Take care!