Monday, January 26, 2009

One Step Closer...

  I Have been reflecting a lot lately, and where We want to see our family.  People that know me, and Us, know that Both me and Kent were Raised in the Church, to Amazing parents.  From life choices, we found ourselves trying to get back to what we once had.  Long story. Before we Moved out of our ward and Amazing friends in Gresham,  we had an AMAZING missionary, Elder Eaton.. There were others.. They all were great.  However This elder will never know what he did for us. More than anything he was A true Friend, Being judged and stereotyped were always something that I was worried about.. ( Silly I know..) Not living right, I knew I wanted more, I knew there was more to this life for us.  Here me out.. I had never really Wanted to Go to the Temple by myself, I wanted to wait for Kent, when the time was Right.  I know through reading church books, There are Special things that Happen in the Temple and you need to be Ready and Prepare yourself.  Backing up.. Elder Eaton Planted that seed with me, I am So eternally Grateful unto him. Never giving up  on us, as well as many others that loved us unconditionally. I am happy to say that Last Thursday I met with the Steak president and received my Temple Recommend!  I Fully took for granted what I truly had this whole time, or what could have received before. I know that I have not gone through the temple yet, but as I look down at my Signature and those that signed the Recommend, I Cry....( Yes I am emotional)  I feel a peace that I have never felt before, I am So happy!  I know that this is what I am suppose to for our family.  I am not bummed anymore that Kent's not ready, I need to do this for me.  I needed to come to that first.  I am also posting this blog because, Elder Eaton is Finally Returning home Feb 15 is his home coming in his ward in Idaho Falls We are Going to be there..!( Hopefully).. 

Our Newest Addition was Named after Eaton,  Karson Daniel Shannon ,  Thank you So much For being an amazing example to us, and a servant to the Lord, we will always be eternally grateful for you.  We love you 

5 love notes:

MotherBeck said...

Oh Andrea!! I am so happy for you. I am crying right now!! I am so glad that you have decided to take this step. You and your family will be greatly blessed. I had a set of missionaries in my life when I was a wild teen and I don't think they will ever know what they did for me.

The Woolner Family said...

Andrea, if you need a place to stay to break the trip up, stay with us!!! Also, I was endowed before I was married, so I had many opportunities to go the temple on my own. It was such a blessing in my life. I wish we could be there for your endowment.

Corey said...

Congratulations! How exciting to be going to the temple soon! It's such an amazing experience and how cool will it be when your husband and boys can join you too someday. I wish the best for you!

Kristen said...

Good for you Ann!

smiliesar said...

I'm so proud of you! I talked to Suzi by the way and we are up for the lunch date. Let us know when you would like to go. I recommend the week before you go through so it's fresh in your head unless you would like to go earlier so you can calm yourself. Ü I can't wait to see you this week!