Sunday, October 5, 2008

BUDDY WALK!!




I can not believe it's been 4 years since our first buddy walk.  This Was such a special day, the registration started at 10am, with the walk following at 11am.  I thought that I charged my camera and got everything ready the night before, well.. I was So sad that I only was able to take a few shots before my camera died.

The buddy Walk had a Huge turn out, It is always so neat to be among these special souls, and to see each child interact with one another.  As we walked with kaid, around the Rose Quarter, he saw a group of little boys that were playing around the fountain.  As Kent and I watched him playing we noticed he was playing SO much different with these little kiddo's.  When a child fell, he would stop, hold out his hand and wait until they got up.  He does do this with all kids, but something was So different, it was like he was just so comfortable with them, this one little boy had a balloon sword, and kaid was quiet interested in it, as the little boy came up to kaid, he came right up to him, kaid touched his face, and put his head in to the little boys head, tocuching it ever so softly. It was So brief, about 4 sec, however I felt, a Strong impression that Kaid knew these little spirits before.  I tried not to cry in front of everyone, I know it's a little odd, but I can not help how I felt, It was SO Strong.  He then smiled at the little boy, and ran around to the other's, as to say hello.  These sweet moments I would not trade for anything.  I am so grateful that my brother, and his wife Angelica came, and her father joined with my lovely parents.  After walking around the rose quarter,at the finish, you walk up the large stairs case, People were screaming, " Go Kaid GO!! Yeah Kaid!! You can Do it!!" Kent, Me & kaid were the only one's at that brief moment going up the large stairs we were the on. Kaid was So Excited! hearing our family, screaming, Cheering, You can Do it Kaid! Go KAID Go!! He booked it up the stairs So Fast!  Greeting us at the top of the stairs, was a Teen-age Girl with Down syndrome, saying to Kaid " Good Job, You did it!"  And handed him a bag.  This was Just such an emotional day for me, man I am So Pregnant.. I cry all the time, Still... I am so glad to have an organization right at my finger tips to support me, and to give me hope.  Thank you!

2 love notes:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Andrea!! When can you get together?

Kristen said...

Wish we were there!!