Sunday, December 14, 2008

Grinch..


I Love LOVE this time of season.. I love the Smells, the lights, the over all feel of this wonderful time.  Today I was at Target.. and Man... I am not too sure what the crap it is, but people were just being Ba Humbugs.. All over target.. no one seamed to be smiling, or just looking happy.  Then I thought, the crisis this country is under is stressing people out, and it's effecting people on this Wonderful holiday.  People are not just saying, " Merry Christmas,"  they are replacing that with " Happy Holiday's"  Or signs with X-mas.  All of which are a little weird/Odd for me.  Do you remember when life was So different, when we did our annual Christmas drive to look at the lights, we would see Nativity Scene's, and resembles of the true meaning of Christmas.  Now, there are Santa's in the yards sitting on Motorcycles, and Huge blow up snow globes, with snow.  Don't get me wrong, this is all great, but this is all I see.. Have people just forgotten?  Maybe it's just me, but where ever I go, I see people's carts  just over flowing with toys, and gift galore, and the " Need" for more... I was at a store where people, were cutting in line, being rude to one another, I stepped out of line, to watch what was happening I  probably looked silly, however I was rather sad.     

2 love notes:

Kristen said...

yeah, remember our drives to see all the Griswold family christmas's? I loved that. I hate to admit it, I am a little grinchy this year...I'll remember you next time I am shopping and not smiling..i'll put on a smile just for the Andrea's that might be watching me.

The Woolner Family said...

This is the reason I don't send out Christmas cards or send any presents to my siblings, etc. I'd rather spend my time enjoying the season than stressing over things that don't matter.