Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I love you Blue Eyes

Over the past several weeks.. kent has been feeling really ill. Emergency room's, medications, then.. it seems he feels "slightly" better. Four days ago, I took him to the ER again, with severe pain in lower abdomen, 3 hours later..MRI/CT/xray.. they did find Blockage in his intestines. Man... Cant they just give him like oil or something? { totally kidding..}. So, the discharge paper's advised to meet with our surgeon the next day at 8am. This Monday came, within the first ten min of meeting with the surgeon, and pressing on his stomach, { painful for Kent} he said he was admitting him. { Whoa, whoa... Wait.. this is not happening, I mean... Kent is needing to go to work, to take care of us..} This is what I am thinking... How life can change in just days..
Fast forward to today..
He is still in Sw Medical hospital, and Surgery is scheduled for Friday. I am so scared, and grateful at the same time, is this even possible? Scared that the support /provider is going to be " out of commission" for quite sometime. Scared that.. Momma needs to find a JOB ASAP! Scared to not let the boys see my stress level escalate, and see me cry unable to stop. Scared, that something will be discovered while in surgery. As of now, it's 18" of his intestines, and colon that need to be cut out, and re-attached. I am sure.. I will be learning so much more. The Doctor did advise kent that they will be doing a biopsy to check for cancer in the colon, THAT IS WHAT just terrifies me. I have been prepped for for quite some time for this..lovely trial, Granted, I truly thought I had a little more time to prepare. I still need to finish my schooling for my degree, I am So close, yet.... with my lovely trial that have taught me... Schooling has been slightly challenging to finish, { IT WILL BE DONE} This is My 2011 GOAL!

I truly have So much to be Grateful for, So much to thank Heavenly Father for. I am not going to say I love my trials... However I love how much more in tune to my savior I become, directing me to the right path. I have had some amazing spiritual events that have happened in the last several days to testify to me just how much my Heavenly Father loves me and my family. I know with every fiber in my body that we are So not alone in our trials, We are So not alone~ I love you all, and the posts' in the future might be.. just about what is going on with kent.. For my therapy.. to just release all what Is happening...

xo- Dre

( blue is kent's nickname.. as you can tell why..)
I miss my Blue eyes staring back at me.. I love you Kent.. We will all get though this
together and know you have love and support waiting for you! XO








5 love notes:

Corey said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Kent! I'll be keeping your family in my prayers and wish him all the best for his surgery and recovery! Take care Andrea!

smiliesar said...

oh how scary!! I will add him and you to our prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help out. Call too just to let it out if you need. Love and Hugs!

Jennifer said...

You are amazing with your strength, and I am glad you are feeling so many blessings and support. Wish him the best from us!

Alisha said...

I'm glad you are feeling God's love . . . as you say, we are SO not alone.

Mary Boyd said...

So, I guess the past two weeks I've been "blog-stalking" you. I'm finally admitting it... lol. I had no idea this was going on with your beautiful family. Let me know if there is anything I can do. :)