Sunday, April 27, 2008

Feedn the Fish..( Frog )




  This weekend, was well.. how do I say, very productive. Kaid is really into helping me clean the house, and to all his chores.  So we have this fish tank upstairs, it's quite disgusting, all the fish have gone to fish heaven, leaving the lone survivor kaid's little pet Frog.  Every day ( with help ) kaid would feed his beloved friends.  However it's been a couple of days, and I really had forgotten all about it, as I was cleaning the house, laundry, and things, I came back upstairs, and smelled that oh so familiar fishy smell.. when kaid was feeding the fish.  Well.. he took it upon him self to see that the fish ..aka Frog were all feed. AHHH!#$%^$  Crap... I just MOPED the floor, and there was Fish food all over the floor, and not to mention the smell,smelling up the house. He managed to dump ALL the food in the tank.. Leaving a HUGE trail on the floor! When I looked at him, he had tears in his eyes, I fought back the anger, as.. how can I get mad at him, after all that was his chore.  When he could sense that I was NOT happy, he began to cry, with the big Tears melting down his cheeks, I bent down and took the fish food out of his hand, and gave him a big hug.  As I looked back at kaid, he did the sign language for fish, noticing that was why he was crying...Kaid had noticed  All his fish had died,  and were floating on the top of the tank!!  oops... I was trying not to laugh...  Then kaid got the 1 on 1 talk about Heaven, and how it was all good.  2 sec later, life was back to normal, with the exception, of kaid wanting to scoop his friends out and flush them down the porcelain funeral home ( I told him that's there little home after they die..) I need to insert my foot!  He gets everything now.. Not like I did not think he didn't before!!

So Thanks to the Smelly Fish food! Here's to You!


8 love notes:

Corey said...

Kaid is so sweet and sensitive! You story reminds me that I need to clean my tank to before my 2 fish go belly-up. I know what you mean about the smell. Fish are just too easy to forget about. Oh well, at least they are cheap to replace.

Kristen said...

That so funny Andrea! He was just trying to do his little job...next time, you should seperate out the fish food in little baggies or something, so he can just dump the whole thing in :)

Andrea said...

Yeah.. I know.. I think about things like that after the fact.. lol

Josh and Leslie said...

AHhh man! Aren't kids the best...their little hearts are so BIG and full of love for little stinky creatures! I'll have to look into my blog, but you should be able to get into it...see ya soon!

Dublinia said...

Where are the photos of the event? At least he has the tender feelings!

Corey said...

So guess who thought he'd try this today? Hyrum did the same thing and I immediatly though of you and Kaid. It was such a mess! UGH! And wouldn't you have guessed that I had just cleaned the tank yesterday. Needless to say the tank is now super sparkling clean!

Maggie said...

Im tagging you.. complete the survey from my page if you want!

Noell said...

Andrea! I came upon your blog through Trevor and Maggie's blog and Me and My Mom and Dad are all awake and loved looking at your pictures, but absolutely loved this entry! You definitely are such a fun writer and a great Mom!