Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Nine

As I sit here tonight, I am fully of emotions. I have been writing in my journals, for years however this new world of online technology is easier lately..
#1- 9 years ago today I married my best friend. Blue it's been a ride.. that's for sure :)

#2. Kent, is on the Mend.. it's just...

And this is where I have been... for a week, Kent is on the Mend.. it's just I am not sure how
to deal with the "news" his Dr's. told him. In his operation, they removed 2.5 feet of his intestine, and part of his colon, after removing a large fist-size mass in his intestine. I remember when his surgeon came out and talked to me, he kept saying he was not expecting to find what he found. At the time, I was in a daze, just excited the surgery went smoothly, Way longer though then it was originally told, ( 3.5 hrs.) I remember when I asked what he found, e just said they are sending the mass off for a biopsy. Two weeks later in Kent's follow up apt, the Lovely C word.. Cancer. His Doctor told him, that they are extremely confidant they removed the cancer, not having to have treatments, or even a follow up. How can this be??
What is going though my mind, is I am just so grateful this was caught early, though what if some of the cancer spread some other place?
I am the TOTALLY worry wort now.. Kent said, after his countless MRI's, and CT scans'/blood work, they did not find anymore. Kent has been really tired lately, and still not able to do much ( to be expected..) It's just, I just do not know how to deal with all this... with the news's that what they removed was cancer, I think about " what if" What if, he never went in.. and just kept ignoring his symptoms. What if, it has spread and just not found it..
OK, you get what I am saying. I have truly never been here, but then again.. lately my life and they experience we have gone though have been intense. I truly know and believe this is preparing me,us for greater things to come. By staying optimistic, positive and up beat this is what helps my BOYS, all of them. I PRAY with everything I have, that can. When I am not able to be the positive upbeat mom, I go to the gym..( So often lately..)
Still no luck with landing a job. I am praying like no tomorrow, and have faith that I will it's just a matter of time, stressful here for that reason.

Then, I start to feel sad that I am leaving karson with daycare while I go to work classes, ( prep to find job.) Can you tell I am all over the place. Yesterday when I was dropping karson off at the babysitter, he looks at me.." mommy, me go, work" I about died.. My heart was just breaking.. I cried the whole way to the employment center.

I keep telling myself, heavenly father does not give us more then we can handle.. it's just I am having a bit of a question with this. I am not going to even say just how far I'm pushed, as I wish for no more, These lesson's that I have learned, I Totally HAVE, CHECK, CHECK.. I really want the EASY street.. Please..

Again.. Zero pictures.. Sorry.. I am just Lame about taking pictures, taking my kids to the park, making crafty games or activities for them.. oh.. I am just not having a Awesome mom blog anymore..... ( That's about all the Debbie Downer I will give ya.. ) ah.. that felt good..



5 love notes:

Corey said...

Oh Andrea, I wish lives closer to to so I could give you a BIG HUG! I'm so happy to hear that Kent's surgery was successful and that he's on the mend. My dad went through the same surgery 6 years ago although his tumor was the size of a melon and it was cancerous. It had also spread to his prostate and showed up in his blood work so he had to go through chemo which wasn't too fun. He's been fine though since then and all of his check ups follow up blood work have always come back negative. So things for Kent are looking very good so far. Still though I totally understand the whole "what if" senarios. You guys are lucky to have followed his promptings to get it checked out when you did. The Lord is definitely looking out for you and knows what you are dealing with. Things will work out and keep up your positive attitude about finding work. You've got a beautiful family to support and they need their strong Mama to depend on. You can do it girl!!! Take care and we will continue to keep your family in our prayers!!!

Jennifer said...

What a ride! Oh my goodness! I can't believe they found "the C word," but you're right--what a blessing that he went in when he did, that they found it when they did, etc. I read something that somebody posted on facebook recently and I LOVED it because it's so true. She was saying that she always hears "God won't give you anything you can't handle." And she said, "God has given me lots of things I can't handle, but he's never given me anything Jesus and I can't handle together." Just do what you can and rely on Him for the rest. You are amazing!

Andrea said...

Thank you you guys.. Corey.. I had no idea about your dad, I am so glad things are all good for him now. Thank you for your sweet words.
Jen. You are awesome, I love that quote, and I think I am just going to take that.. and post it on my Facebook right now.. It's Totally true..about having Jesus and I tackle the trial together, I never have to be alone.. at times we forget, he is Always right there. Thanks ladies!

Alisha said...

Scary about the cancer, but amazingly wonderful that they found it and got it all out!

I wish you good luck on the job hunt. Not fun.

You are a good mom, Andrea. The park is way over-rated. ;)

The Woolner Family said...

Andrea! Hang in there. You are going to have the most amazing mansion Heaven has ever seen with all your children around you praising you for the strong and faithful mother you are. I know you are uber busy, but if you have Netflix, I would strongly recommend watching a documentary called "Food Matters". It talks about how vitamins can help kill cancer. I know it sounds crazy but I am feeling the positive effects of mega doses of supplements.