Friday, November 7, 2008

You are still Number one To us..


Yesterday, I was sitting with kaid, trying to spend some one on one time with him, ( SO HARD) Karson is eating every hour and a half, and other than that, he loves to be held.  As I was trying to spend time with him, I found myself totally crying and loosing it. Dont ask me why.. I just got so overwhelmed at the fact that, Kaids life is 100% different, he was our #1 for 5+ years, spoiling him, giving him 100% attention... anything he wanted.  Now kaid has to share us, it just made me really sad.  I love Kaid more than life, as well as Karson, but with Kaid it's just different.. I dont mean more, just we have been through So much together the 3 of us.  When I was holding Karson, Kaid came up and snuggled with me, I asked him if he was Happy to be a BIG brother now... and  this First picture captured the look he gave me.. I started to cry again.. happy tears.. I am not depressed or post partdum, just over come with joy!
Then the next photo was when Kaid had daddy day, and they got there hair cut..( Kent cut it) and then they put on matching glasses.  Kaid is growing up so fast... it's sad to watch, as he's my Number one.. always for ever.  
At night, we read books normally it's 2 but Ive been giving in, it's like 5.  The one book that we read ALL the time, is.. " I love you for ever like you for always, as long as I am living my baby you will be"  I can not remember the name, I am in the computer room.. Anyway.. I just love that book, it makes me happy to know that no mater how old kaid gets or how many other kids we have, he will always be our Number one..








6 love notes:

MotherBeck said...

That book makes me cry EVERY time. Even thinking about it gets me teary. Those pics of Kaid are too cute

Corey said...

Ooooo, love the spiky doo! Kaid you are too cool!

What a sweet post Andrea! I feel the same way about Hyrum. First borns are very special. You are lucky to have spaced them far apart because in essence they can both feel like only children. They'll each be able to get the attention they deserve and there's always enough love to go around.

Kristen said...

awh, that is so sweet. I remember feeling like this before Moses was born, everything just changes. Kaid and Karson are going to be great buddies, I can relate to your thoughts about your firstborn though, thats normal..and it will probley always make you tear up with how much love you have for both of them.

Heather Mowrer said...

How can you make it through that book. When I read it to Beren we both got so upset we put it back on the shelf. Maybe next year . . .

smiliesar said...

He looks so grown up in that last picture! I'm glad he's loving being a big brother.

Anonymous said...

I love that book, and I love Kaids hair, so cute!! I felt bad for a while too after we had Karley, but it's all good now!!